Saturday, August 21, 2010

glow pt 2

Coffee this morning, then work.

Today and yesterday I was called into work...just two short shifts working alone.  Limited time at the hell-hole, plus getting to work alone, my favorite!

Mostly had to stack and put away a lot of chairs, which is one of my favorite things to do.  Stacking them ten high, very tedious yet surprisingly refreshing.  ker-plunk!  ker-plunk!  I try to do it all in good rhythm.

Ho-tel Mo-tel Hol-i-day-Inn

My i-pod is officially dead.  I think it is the battery.  I read about a month ago that if you bought the i-pod within a year, you get the battery replaced for free.  With my awfully messy habits I pushed the idea aside because I was sure I had thrown the receipt away.  A couple days ago I had to rummage through a few shoeboxes to find my checkbook...I found the original box the i-pod came in, and of course the receipt is in fact there...dated August 12th, 2009.  Missed the one-year warranty by seven days.

Woe is me!

Woe is my luck!

I think I rely on photographic memory so that is why I feel most organized when everything is strewn about where I can see it.  I disagree with the, like, feng shui mantra of

"a place for everything and everything in its place"

I need to see everything to believe it...though just because you can't see it, does not mean it's not there.

Back to the i-pod, it really is quite tragic.  I walk so much and have always had a peppy song to get me to the places I need to be.  Or, similarly, a sad song on hand for a depressing walk home, sometimes.

However, walking lots without music has helped me to think, think, think.  Brains are amazing, brains and emotions!

My mind is always going tick-tick-tick.  It makes me feel really good.  Sometimes I think of what I would like the say to specific people, if I got the chance.  Monologues, I guess.  Then I write them out and realize what terrible things I have to say and scratch the idea all together.

A massive change is on the horizon, and I am both scared and excited.

More rain notes, as it is still raining tons here:

Rain makes sorority girls wear those hideous plastic knee-high rain boots.  They are neon, and make my eyes hurt.

Maybe I am just jealous because I have not a pair.  Obnoxious fashion is okay when I'm wearing it.

But just when I'm weearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment