Sunday, August 22, 2010

can't stop the weather

I'm getting coffee right now, waiting for Pierre to get back soon.  He has been gone all week, selling merch for some bands through the southeast.

Although it is still late August I can already feel the season changing.  Maybe it was from the torrential downpour we have had the past few days to cool everything off (finally sunny again) or maybe it is from being downtown in this little college city on Friday and Saturday nights.  All the students are back.

In all my Maine summers the last week of August has always been a series of heat waves, and last year down here September had some of the hottest temperatures of the whole summer, though.

HOW DREADFULLY DULL THOSE PRIOR PARAGRAPHS ARE!

Although I hate being cold, I am excited for the change of attire.  I have pretty much exhausted the wear of all my summery dresses, and never have the budget for new outfits.  Since I am lazy and always running late, the rest of my days were spent in denim shorts and oversized band t-shirts.  In the winter you can get away with wearing pajamas as long as you have a nice jacket and scarf over them!

Along with the return of Pierre my great pal Lindsey Jane gets back from the great north (Vermont) tomorrow!  I think I don't stress enough how lovely my friends are.  To chance sounding pathetic, I will admit that I didn't have very many friends growing up.  How wonderful it is to be able to spend time with my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment